Mall? Auntie Anns.
Bad Day at Work? (Scratch that, anytime after work)? Wine.
Get Laid Off? Tequila. Mas Tequila.
Get Cheated On? Ben and Jerrys.
Every event in our lives is associated with food and drinks. No wonder we have such a hard time with food! The same concept applies as we wiggle our way onto the comfy sofa. TV goes on and brain goes off. This is when that little devil on your shoulder decides your previously full belly is in need of a snack. How could you possibly sit through an entire television sitcom without putting something in your mouth! Heaven forbid.
As a result, Just Fitness 4 U complied a list of 10 foods/drinks that one should eat or drink while watching T.V. Starting with the BEST possible option and finishing with the least favorable option.
- Air. Suck it up. That’s right. Sometimes we can’t have everything we want. After dinner (and a small dessert) it’s time to call it quits.
- Water. We have heard it before…often times people mistake hunger for thirst. So enjoy that H20 as you watch the Big Bang Theory.
- Tea. Something is so soothing about a nice cup of tea ol chap!
- Gum. At least give some part of your body exercise as you lie there.
- Celery. You actually burn more calories eating celery than consuming it and I don’t think anyone has every thought, “man, I ate WAY too much celery last night.”
- Roasted Veggies/Edamame. Any type of vegetable roasted is purely delicious and low in calories. Sprinkle a little olive oil, place in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Frozen Grapes. Grapes in their solid cold state stops us from eating them so fast and they taste like mini popsicles.
- Sandwich Roll Ups. More protein and less carbs compared to some other snacks.
- 100 Calorie Popcorn. It already provides you portion control, so snack till you pop.
- Ice Cream. That’s what you really want…I know! Just make sure you measure out the scoop. And don’t you dare think about eating out of the carton. Unless you got cheated on…then refer back to my list at the top.
What are you favorite healthy snacks? Share them with us in the comments!